Saturday, June 9, 2012

Success!

All three days of the Birthday Celebration/ Painting Sale Party have been adventurous, successful days! I deeply appreciate all who came to the studio and visited and all who made purchases! I was extremely pleased and encouraged by people who came on Thursday. And Friday was even more fun than Thursday!!!  Today was quieter, but had special significance in the people who came.

As a painter I find that happiness for me happens when someone finds a painting they love which will bring them inspiration and joy. At that moment I realize I must have painted it just for them.... I only thought it was for my joy in making it.

That has happened several times over the three days!!!

My dear friend, Cheryl, made phenomenal cup cakes to serve my guests.

 As things were winding down this evening, I realized that the Cup Cakes were needing to be set in paint.  They are SO beautiful in addition to being delicious!!! They have been a visual treat all three days. Many asked if I had made them.... sadly, no, but I am deeply appreciative of Cheryl's talents and generosity in sharing them with me! She is a STAR!

The painting is not wonderful but will serve nicely to remind me, and all of us who enjoyed them. Thank you, Cheryl!!!!


Chocolate Mint and Strawberry Cup Cakes
Oil on Canvas 6"x6" nfs

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails