Thursday, June 28, 2012

from Psalms and Revelations...

Leaves
Oil on Panel 8" x8" nfs

Wings
Oil on Cradled Panel 8"x8"    $85

"Leaves" was done for a dear friend to celebrate her birthday.  I am pleased with the result and with the continuity with paintings done for my Masters of Fine Arts degree years ago. I love combining scripture verses with visual ideas.

Until I started the painting of leaves for June, it never ocurred to me to use my own script rather than an attempt at lettering. I love scratching a signature through the paint and I am quite happy with the painterly quality of writing into the paint. The dove painting was done months ago , but I was never satisfied with the results. I like this much better. I think I will play with this concept again.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails