Wednesday, July 20, 2011

...begining

Painting with total concentration is a healing and exhilarating experience. I entered the studio today fatigued and in pain. Wielding the brush took it all that away and brought the joy of exploration, of shape making, and pushing color relationships,. along with the challenging attempt of putting my feeling about this place into those color, texture and shape relationships. The Snake River Canyon always inspires feelings of awe in me, at the powerful forces at work in the earth. I love this view of the river rushing through the bottom of this tear in the earth.... these walls of lava. (the blueness may be too strong.... or perhaps I will bring the other colors into relationship with the blues...).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails