Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Christmas Painting.....

 
"Come to Bethlehem"
Oil on Canvas Panel 14"X11" nfs
 
During the summer plans were made for a program of Christmas music for our community planned and performed by members of our Burley West Stake, Church of. Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was asked to make a painting for the cover of the program. While I was contemplating it, a wonderful photograph came on a Blog I have been following, "Huntsman's in the Holy Land". It showed a group of students  standing near Bethlehem in what is called the L.D.S. Shepherd's Field. I was so excited. As I looked at it, I could see this painting and felt it would be perfect for the cover.
 
I was able to contact Eric Huntsman who graciously gave his permission to use his photograph.
\
Our program was held Sunday, Dec. 16th  and was a wonderful experience for all who attended.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails