Wednesday, May 25, 2011
1. Marsh Creek- 8"x10" -(unframed)- $100
2. Snake River & Mt. Harrison from Pelican Point- Private Collection, Rupert, Idaho
3. Mt. Harrison from Pelican Point- 14" x 32", Gallery Wrapped canvas- $675
4. Mt. Harrison from Scholer Park-Private Collection, Burley, Idaho
5. Patches of Snow on Harrison-Private Collection, Burley, Idaho
6. Winter, Bennett Springs, 20"x 16" (Gold Frame) $575
1 Winter Poplar-30"x 15" (unframed) $950
2 Three Islands: Snake River at Burley- Collection of Marriott Fairfield Inn, Burley
3. River View-Collection of Marriott Fairfield Inn, Burley, Idaho
4. Snake River from Massacre Rocks State Park- 14" x 32" - (Gallery Wrapped Canvas) $675
5. Shoshone Falls - 14 " x 32" (Gallery Wrapped Canvas) $675
6. Engleberg Valley, Switzerland -Private collection in Switzerland
7. Kolob Canyon, Zion National Park 60"x72" (slat frame) $7500
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas 32" x 14"
This has been a great year in the Crabapple tree! This is the sixth day it has been in bloom and the first day of sunshine with bees buzzing happily around in the blossoms. I love to make at least one painting while it is in bloom. It seems like a fine way to express my gratitude for the tree, its glorious color. I love watching it for hours while the flowers open dark, bright pink and as they get larger and the color changes to a very pale rose-pink. I enjoy hearing the bees working in it. When a Mourning Cloak Butterfly makes its appearance, it is even better. None this year....
I will continue working on the painting, but wanted to post it here as I am posting it on Daily Paint Work for a critique. This is a great opportunity. Artists are generous people in giving recommendations for improving ones work. I appreciate the opportunity and hoe for some good observations.
Your comment will be appreciated too!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
A few more A.C.E.O. Cards.... While battling Discouragement Demons, I have been drawing on a small scale again. They become a fine escape from reality as I concentrate totally on creating shapes and creating color compositions in the lines.... filling in the entire shape.
The cards are almost the same size as shown here. Each is an original, one of a kind drawing made using Metallic and Colored Ballpoint pens on cards 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
I would love to hear your suggestions for titles. I am wondering about making paintings in the same manner.... Any suggestions? I'd love to hear your ideas!