Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trading Cards...Trading Cards????

Card 1
Colored and Black Ballpoint Pen & Ink 3.5"x2.5" nfs
Card 1.5
Colored and Metallic Ballpoint Pen & Ink 2.5"x3.5" nfs Card 2 Colored and Metallic Ballpoint Pen & Ink 3.5"x2.5" nfs Card 2.5
Colored and Metallic Ballpoint Pen & Ink 2.5"x3.5" nfs
I have seen Baseball Trading Cards all my life.... And I have read about artists Trading Cards and thought that it would be an enchanting thing to try, but have never bothered to purchase any of the cards.
A few days ago an invitation to join the Idaho Watercolor Society came with a pack of cards to trade at the next Meeting/Painting Session! So I have been playing with them. I would like to try some regular paintings on them too, but so far, I have loved doodling with pen & ink on them while listening to Charlie Rose or "Artists Helping Artists", an Art Program on Blogtalk Radio.
This time of year it is nice to be able to work on something small, intricate, and somewhat frivolous... these are just right! They are tiny. Shown about actual size... It is wonderful to pour my whole concentration onto a small piece of paper and let color and lines just flow with no predetermination.
They are such fun, I decided to do the backs also... so Card 1 and Card 1.5 are the same piece of paper, one front, one verso. Whoever gets them can decide which is which....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails